Thursday, April 9, 2009

Chair #99



MONTGOMERY PLACE CHAIR
—Designed by Munder-Skiles

This chair reminds me of a spider web!

* * *
From Charlotte's Web...
Charlotte is looking for a new message to write in her web
Lamb: How about "Pig Supreme"?
Charlotte: No good. It sounds like a rich dessert.
Templeton walks past with an apple core towards the trough, and Charlotte glares at Templeton
Goose: How about terrific, terrific, terrific?
Charlotte: Cut that down to one terrific and it will do nicely. I think terrific might impress Zuckerman.
Wilbur: But Charlotte, I'm not terrific.
Charlotte: You're terrific as far as I am concerned.
Templeton, while holding a piece of orange in his mouth, smacks Wilbur's face with his tail and walks off to the trough
Charlotte: Does anybody know how to spell it?
Goose: I think it's T double-E double-R double-R double-I double-F double-I double C, C, C!
Charlotte: What kind of an acrobat do you think I am? It would take me all night to write a word like that into my web.
Ram: I would advise you not to consult geese in matters of spelling. The word is spelled T-E-R-R-I-F-I-C.
Goose: I still think it's prettier spelled T-double E-double R-...
Charlotte: Please! Let me spell it my way.


No comments:

Post a Comment