Monday, January 12, 2009

Chair #12



EXECUTIVE ARMCHAIR
—Designed by Eero Saarinen for Knoll

With its curvaceous open back, this looks more like a swank lounge chair than a stuffy office chair. I doubt you'd find this in the average veal fattening pen in an office cube farm. Nope, this is the executive chair. Probably only the suits with the window offices are lucky enough to have it.

+ + +

Some classic lines from the film Office Space...

Bill Lumbergh: Oh, and remember: next Friday is Hawaiian shirt day. So, you know, if you want to, go ahead and wear a Hawaiian shirt and jeans.
~
Milton Waddams: I was told that I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven, I told Bill that if Sandra is going to listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating so I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.
~
Bob Porter: Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
Peter Gibbons: I wouldn't say I was missing it Bob.
~
Bill Lumbergh: Oh, oh, I almost forgot. Aaah, I'm also gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too.
~
Milton Waddums: (talking on the phone) And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting. I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I'm used to having it over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's no okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

No comments:

Post a Comment